Hi, I am David Rhoades. I’m the Founder of David Rhoades Ministries. I am also the author of the Plowing the Fields Devotional, a 50-day journey of praying for your friends who need to know God. Currently, as I wait for the Lord regarding my next place of service as a pastor, I am living on mission to change students’ lives as a teacher at Anton (TX) High School.
I have also written the Making Disciples Workbook. It is designed to be either a self-study or small group resource that can help you lead people to Christ, even if their hearts are cold toward God.
A follow-up resource to the Making Disciples Workbook is the Spiritual Basics Workbook. It is a user-friendly workbook that a new Christian can use to begin to grow spiritually. A mentor can also use it to assist a new believer in his journey with God.
My goal is to help people know God and experience his joy. No matter where you may be in your relationship with God—even if you don’t yet know him—I believe that you have a God-given dream that can be fulfilled through his love, power, and grace.
Affiliations and Service Opportunities
- Board Member, Levelland Christian School, 2015-2017
- Member, Church Leadership and Support Team, Tulsa Metro Baptist Network, 2008-2012
- Vice-President, Tulsa Metro Baptist Network, 2008-2010
- Team Pastor, Booker T. Washington (Tulsa) High School Football Team, 2007-2008
- Member, Evangelism Group, Mission Council of the State Convention of Baptists in Ohio, 2004-2006
- Chairman, Credentials Committee, State Convention of Baptists in Ohio, 2005
- Prayer Value Leader, Baptist Association of Greater Cincinnati, 2002-2005
- President, Ohio State Alumni Chapter of the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2003-2004
- Chairman, Associational Missionary Search Committee, Baptist Association of Greater Cincinnati, 2003-2004
- Member, Advisory Council of the Cincinnati Christian Women’s Job Corps, Baptist Association of Greater Cincinnati, 2002-2003
Throughout my ministry I have had people tell me that I am unusually gifted at teaching God’s Word. The Lord has given me a way of making complex or confusing Scriptures understandable and applicable to life. I finally decided to expand my teaching ministry from preaching to also include writing and videos.
To that end, I produce content that can help people experience God, improve their lives, and influence others. From time to time, I’ll write on other issues as well.
My goal is to address biblical issues in a way that you can easily apply to your life. If you have questions about God, His Word, or what it means to be a follower of Christ in the 21st century, then this blog is for you.
I’ll try to post at least two times a week. To make sure you don’t miss my newest posts, you can subscribe via e-mail. It’s quick, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
I have served churches in my home state of Texas, as well as Louisiana, Ohio, and Oklahoma. I’ve been serving churches as a lead pastor since 1995 and in other capacities since 1988.
In 1987 I answered God’s call on my life to be a pastor. Immediately I began preparing to fulfill my life’s work. After a productive and enjoyable freshman year at Baylor University, I enrolled at Criswell College and received a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies in 1991. I continued my education at the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, where I received a Master of Divinity degree and the 1995 C. C. Randall Award for Evangelism. In 2005 I graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary with a Doctor of Ministry degree in Missions and Evangelism, writing a ground-breaking doctoral project designed to help churches minister to their multiethnic communities.
I married my beautiful wife, Amy, in 1992. We have three wonderful children: Timothy, Jonathan, and Mindi.
We also have two very spoiled dogs, Rhys (pronounced “reese”) and Boomer. They occasionally help me write articles and open Christmas presents.
In my free time, I enjoy hanging out with my family and friends, cooking, watching sports (Go Cowboys, Mavs, and Rangers! And hook ’em Horns!), and studying Scripture.
My Contact Information